If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Amazing grilled recipe. I think heirloom tomatoes are the best food on earth! - josie1234
Makes 6 skewers
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 fresh Mozzarella balls (about 1/3 ounce each)
- 3 medium assorted heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 12 assorted heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 1 1/2-inch cubes ciabatta bread
- 6 (8-inch) skewers
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and garlic until combined; season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish or large bowl, combine the mozzarella, tomato, and basil. Pour marinade over and toss well to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Add bread cubes and let stand 5 minutes.
- Grease grill grates and heat to medium. Thread skewers alternating between mozzarella, tomato wedges, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, and bread cubes; reserve marinade. Grill the skewers 7-10 minutes, turning a few times, until the cheese is soft and everything is heated through. Serve alone or over a bed of lettuce with reserved marinade on the side