If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These brownies are moist, decadent, and free of all eight major food allergens and gluten. It is also Vegan. Enjoy! - Allergy Free Mom
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life® chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Spectrum® palm oil shortening
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (can be omitted if allergic)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your “eggs" by thoroughly whisking together the warm water and flaxseed meal. Set aside.
- Whisk together sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, sugar, kosher salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together. Once smooth and completely melted, stir in vanilla, hot water, and the "egg" mixture. Pour this into your flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Do not use beaters.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 9x9x2 inch brownie pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares. These can be wrapped and frozen for later use.
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
When Broccoli Rabe Stops Getting Polite & Starts Getting Real
Embrace the bitterness.
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Style with a breeze.