Author Notes: These brownies are moist, decadent, and free of all eight major food allergens and gluten. It is also Vegan. Enjoy! - Allergy Free Mom
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cups potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cup Enjoy Life® chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Spectrum® palm oil shortening
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (can be omitted if allergic)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your “eggs" by thoroughly whisking together the warm water and flaxseed meal. Set aside.
- Whisk together sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, sugar, kosher salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together. Once smooth and completely melted, stir in vanilla, hot water, and the "egg" mixture. Pour this into your flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Do not use beaters.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 9x9x2 inch brownie pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares. These can be wrapped and frozen for later use.