Author Notes: If you've never had a German radler, which resembles a British shandy -- beer and lemon soda -- don't let the summer pass without drinking one. And while you're at it, why not make the world's easiest bar snack? Seasoned potato chips. Buy chips. Invade your spice rack. Mix. (The urban equivalent of a recipe from White Trash Cooking.) Then eat a few chips and drink your radler, and you'll be happy you made both. - Amanda Hesser
For each radler
- 4 ounces chilled wheat beer
- 4 ounces chilled lemon soda (or half lemonade, half club soda)
- Lemon wedge
For the Spicy Chips
- 9 ounces lightly salted potato chips (I like Kettle Brand)
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoons ground chipotle
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons coarse kosher or sea salt
- To make the radler, combine the beer and lemon soda in a chilled pilsner glass. Squeeze the lemon wedge into the radler, then drop it in.
- To make the chips, put the chips in a bowl, add the spices and salt and toss with your hands to mix, until the chips are lightly coated with the spices.
- Head out to your patio, deck, or stoop and enjoy the early evening.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!