If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love raw onions and fresh basil and garlic. The more basil, the better, for me. I had the ingredients and it all fell together because it was what I was craving to eat that day. Now I make it all the time and sometimes I share it with the neighbors. - Julie Barrionuevo
- 1 lg. red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 med. heirloom tomatoes, 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 5 raw garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1-2 med. ripe avocado, cut in sm. cubes
- Over a large glass bowl, use a mandolin slicer to cut thin slices of onion.
- On a cutting board, chop the heirloom tomatoes in approx. 1" pieces. Add to bowl.
- Finely chop the fresh basil leaves and add to the bowl.
- Crush the fresh garlic cloves in a garlic press or with the back of a lg. knife. Add to the bowl.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and the olive oil, mix well. Salt to taste.
- Dice up the avocado in small pieces so there is plenty to go around/ or use 2 avocados, depending on your preferences. Add this ingredient last because ripe avocados look damaged and mushy if they get stirred to roughly.
- Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.