If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This one is so simple, so in season, there’s no reason not to try it! I’ll make it for a snack or a simple dish to take with me to BBQs. One taste of this mix and everyone will be asking for the recipe! It’s great with a fresh whole wheat bread, freshly baked with a hard crust and soft center….. it's what I like to call Happy Belly Food! - Maya E Nahra
- 2 colorful heirloom tomatoes
- 2 fresh juicy, in season peaches
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the tomatoes, peaches, and 1/2 the basil bunch and throw into a nice glass bowl.
- Finely chop the red onion and add that too.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt & pepper.
- Give it a toss and let the tomato juice really fuse with the olive oil for 10 minutes or so.
- Serve at room temperature with outside with good company, good wine, and freshly baked bread!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.