If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is by far the best avocado dip I have ever tasted, and so versatile. A classic dip but even better as a spread for sandwhiches and chicken. A useful note would be to store this with some of the avocado pits to keep it from browning. Yum Yum. Enjoy!!!! —Mishyg
- 6 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately. I Recommend storing this dip with one or two of the Avocado pits to keep it from browning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).