If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I modified a bruschetta I had in a restaurant. It's simple, delicious and elegant. —cbabson
- 1 artisan baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Lay pieces on cookie sheet, drizzle (very slightly) with olive oil. Place under broiler for approximately 2 minutes. Turn each slice over, and toast for another minute. Remove from broiler.
Tomato and Peach Bruschetta Topping
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 organic peach
- 3-5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Peel tomatoes and peach. Cut each in half, then dice into small pieces. Place in small mixing bowl. Wash basil leaves, then finely dice and add to fruit in bowl. (You can reserve a bit of the basil for last step). Add balsamic vinegar to mixture in bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Place toasted bread slices on a serving platter, place approximately 1 teaspoon of tomato/peach mixture on each slice. Top with a sprinkle of reserved diced basil and serve. Voila! Your friends and family will love you for serving this summer spectacular bruschetta!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.