If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Unlike most pasta with tomatoes, here the heirloom beauties are savored raw. The heat of the just-cooked pasta slightly warms the tomatoes and releases the ample sugar of the Sweet 100s. The Gorgonzola is a surprising match for the juicy fresh tomatoes, but somehow with the chopped parsley it all works beautifully. Because of the simplicity of this recipe, the quality of each ingredient is essential to the success of the dish. On those hot summer evenings when the last thing we want to do is cook or eat a hot meal, this is our go-to recipe. - yummy supper
- 1 pound dried organic spaghetti
- 3 cups Sweet 100's or other small sweet heirloom tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup Italian Parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Once your pasta is cooked, combine all ingredients. The warm pasta will melt the Gorgonzola and the tomatoes will soften and sweeten. Add salt to taste (you may not need any) and plenty of freshly ground pepper. This pasta should be enjoyed at room temp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!