If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what happened when I challenged myself to make already delicious grilled fruit even yummier. Worked pretty well, if I do say so myself! - One Hungry Mama
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (plus more for greasing grill)
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1 cup honey
- 8 ripe peaches, washed, halved, pit removed
- In a food processor, combine basil, oil, orange juice and honey. Mix until the basil is very finely chopped.
- Pour marinade over peaches and, if you have time, allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes or so. If you don’t have the time, skip to the next step.
- Liberally grease your grill. Place peaches on the grill cut side down. Cook for 7 minutes or so, until they begin to soften and take on nice grill marks. Flip. Grill for another 7 minutes. Peaches should be very soft and beginning to ooze their natural juice. If your peaches weren’t very ripe to begin with, you may need to grill longer. Serve with orange honey ricotta (combine fresh ricotta cheese with some orange juice, cinnamon & honey), yogurt or ice cream.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.