If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recreation of something my mother used to make as a quick and delicious summer supper. I'm not sure she even wrote the recipe down, but I was talking to her on the telephone while creating a pasta caprese on my own using mozzarella when she reminded me of brie as a yummy alternative. You can use whatever brie you like--the creamier the cheese, the more it will melt and incorporate into the sauce. - Abs - Abs
Food52 Review: Grating tomatoes right into your serving bowl is a great way to create a quick, light, and fresh pasta sauce. It also keeps the kitchen cool. This dish takes advantage of the wonderful flavor of my favorite summer harvest, tomatoes. The 6 heirlooms I used weighed 3 ½ pounds and this was a fine amount. The lemon zest and juice keep things bright and do not overpower the tomato. - Angela @ the well worn spoon - The Editors
- 1 pound dried fusilli
- 1 wedge of triple creme brie at room temperature
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 6-7 ripe Heirloom tomatoes
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, coursely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente according to directions on package. Preheat the oven to warm.
- Slice half of the tomatoes in half and grate flesh side down using a box grater into a large serving bowl. Discard skins. Add garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest to bowl. Mix and place in warmed oven.
- Quarter the remaining tomatoes and remove the pulp. Cut quarters into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Cut brie into 1/2 in cubes. Set aside.
- Add drained, cooked pasta, tomatoes, brie and basil to ingredients in bowl and toss. Serve immediately. Fresh grated parmesan can be a nice addition at the table.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes