If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this recipe up when I had to use the last of my Heirloom Tomatoes and the rest of my heirloom salad that was approaching a week. The flavors married very well and created quite a rustic dish, that blooms on so many levels.Very tasty, hearty and crowd pleasing! —PegLawrence
Chicken Cilantro Sausage with Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
- 4-5 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5-6 Cilantro Chicken Sausage Links
- 4 sprigs basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- . Cut tomatoes in halves then quarter, put in a large bowl, add peeled garlic.
- Pour about 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil all over the tomatoes and garlic.
- . Have baking sheet either covered in foil or parchment paper.
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet seed side down and also place garlic on sheet.
- Roast appx. 30 minutes.
- . Let set for a few minutes and pinch outer skin off of tomatoes.
- Lightly grease a covered casserole dish.
- Put sausage links in casserole dish, add roasted tomatoes and garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flake, cover and put back in oven.
- Cook covered for additional hour.
Sauteed Kale with Penne Pasta
- 1 packet Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale (heartier)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Heirloom Salad pureed (lime, cilantro and olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- dashes Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 handful Parmesan Shredded
- 1 handful Basil chopped
- Clean Kale leaves and remove stems.
- Chop Kale on a diagonal in ½” strips.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic.
- Add Kale and begin sautéing, mixing well for appx. 4 minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes, shallots, salt and pepper to taste, stir well.
- Add pureed tomatoes, shallots, basil, salt and pepper to taste, stir well.
- Cook penne and drain while kale is cooking.
- Put the pasta in large serving bowl, pour kale mixture over penne and toss together.
- Put sausage and roasted tomatoes on top; sprinkle with grated parmesan and voila!
- Special Note:I would think if you did not have leftover salad to puree a vegetable stock would work but I would spice it a little with some dried cilantro and maybe a splash of lime. The Lacinato Kale is a little heartier but others should work as well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.