If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 101 Cookbooks has a wonderful recipe for caramelized tofu, which is where this recipe is inspired from. I am always trying to make tofu edible for my partner, who just hates tofu. He loves it, so what else more can I want? Note, that the garlic seems like an odd ingredient (apples and garlic?), but it finds itself quite nicely in this recipe. Enjoy! - fraîchement
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, baked
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce (I am using baby spinach next time, so whatever lettuce you normally use is fine)
- 1 gala apple, peeled and diced
- 10-12 whole, raw pecans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Drizzle of BoltHouse Farms “Original Coleslaw” Yogurt Dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- First thing of action: bake your tofu. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Let tofu sit on a kitchen towel for 15 minutes, turning once, to absorb moisture. Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes. Brush them lightly with vegetable oil (I always use olive oil, but I am certain that this recipe would be best with a peanut oil). Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, turning once.
- In a small pan, heat butter and garlic on low until the butter has just almost melted. Add the apples, tofu, and salt. Bring heat up to medium, and cook for about 4 minutes. At this point you should add the water and stir every minute for the next 6-7 additional minutes, or until there is little moisture left in the pan. Turn off the heat, and add the brown sugar. Stir to incorporate all of the sugar. Place on top of salad lettuce and drizzle the Bolthouse farms yogurt dressing, but don’t put too much dressing— just a scant drizzle for each salad. Serves two.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.