If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found it on epicurious.com years ago and have made it numerous times. I often add asparagus and always mix sweet and hot Italian sausage. It is a very flavorful and attractive brunch dish that can be served hot or at room temperature. It has always received rave reviews. - Harvest Vine
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, drained oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 5 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Saute sausage in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until brown and cooked through, breaking up with back of fork into small pieces, about 10 minutes.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and 3 tablespoons parsley; stir 1 minute.
- Spread sausage mixture in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, half and half, whipping cream, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and salt in large bowl to blend well.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsley over.
- Bake until top of casserole is golden brown and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let stand before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs