If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend in New Orleans gave this to me. It was her grandmother's salad. - Zippie
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Vidalia onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix tomatoes, watermelon, salt and sugar in bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain off any liquid. Stir in onion, vinegar and olive oil. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.