If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend in New Orleans gave this to me. It was her grandmother's salad. —Zippie
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Vidalia onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix tomatoes, watermelon, salt and sugar in bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain off any liquid. Stir in onion, vinegar and olive oil. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.