If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend in New Orleans gave this to me. It was her grandmother's salad. - Zippie
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Vidalia onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix tomatoes, watermelon, salt and sugar in bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain off any liquid. Stir in onion, vinegar and olive oil. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.