If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipes is popular in the summer in Rome ,Italy. The advantage is all you have to cook is the pasta. It can served warm or at room temp. It says summer all the way —weightman43
- 2pts small heirloom tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 pound mozzarella balls
- 1/4 pound proscuitto
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 pound egg fettucine
- 1 cup parmigianno reggiano
- start out by slicing the small heirloom tomatoes into quarters and place in large bowl
- add salt to taste and add extra virgin olive oil
- If the mozzarella balls are the size of peas(able to find in whole foods) then place them after drained into the bowl with the tomatoes and let rest for about one hour or more
- Slice shallots thin and saute in 1/4 cup olive oil until slightly caramelized
- Slice prosciutto into this strips
- cook pasta al dente in salted water. Drain pasta well.(you do not want the water mixing with the tomato mixture. After pasta is cooked add to tomato mixture. Toss well. Place in serving plates and top with shallots, prosciutto and parmesan cheese. If you think pasta is too dry ,you can add more extra virgin olive oil
Forget Green Pesto
Here's why red is rad
Green pesto is so last summer.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Beet greens can't be beat.
Savor the season.