If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipre one evening when trying to answer the timeless question "what's for dinner?" I had just purchased some fresh mozzarella cheese and shrimp from Whole Foods and was inspired. The combination of ingredients was a hit and my family frequently asks me to make this dish! —ef2001
- 1 pound Heirloom Tomatoes
- 16-20 pieces Fresh shrimp
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound Nitrate-free bacon
- Puree the tomatoes in a food processor. The consistency should be smooth and free of bits of tomatoes.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Cut the slices of bacon in half and wrap them around the shrimp. Place the shrimp in a 9x9 baking dish and pour the pureed tomatoes over the shrimp.
- Shred 1/2 cup of the cheese and sprinkle over the shrimp. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp and bacon are thoroughly cooked.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, use pot holders to carefully remove the baking dish from the oven. Cut the remaining cheese into small pieces and place around the baking dish. Use the pot holders to place it on the top rack. Set the oven to low broil and let the cheese partially melt.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven using pot holders. Serve on a dinner plate and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Burgers! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Get your shine on.