If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ground sumac, sapa, Ayran, coffee and honey come together for this drink. Sapa, which the ancient Romans used as a sweetener, combines a mild toffee aroma with a smokey taste. It is not hard to source: Nudo can send you a bottle almost the next day after you place your order. Ground sumac, readily available online as well, is an intensely dark red, crunchy, lemony tasting herb from the cashew family. An interesting breakfast drink. You could substitute buttermilk for the Ayran, or simply thin some very good Greek or Turkish yogurt with milk to make your own. - Sagegreen
- 2/3 cups thick Greek orTurkish yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sapa
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee (from a cup you've just brewed)
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- sprig of fresh spearmint
- Combine the main ingredients and serve chilled. Garnish with a spearmint leaf.