If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a super simple yet classy appetizer that can only be prepared throughout the summer season when the vines are bursting with plump fresh heirloom tomatoes! - JennT1981
Makes 10 pieces
- 2 large pineapple heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 10 slices sour dough baguette, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 slices brie, cut 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place tomato slices on a lined and greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried basil.
- Roast until bubbly about 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime also toast slices of baguette just until golden but still slightly chewy.
- Rub partially toasted baguette with clove of garlic, top with a slice of both the brie and tomato.
- Return to oven to finish toasting and melt cheese, about another 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes