Author Notes: This is a super simple yet classy appetizer that can only be prepared throughout the summer season when the vines are bursting with plump fresh heirloom tomatoes! - JennT1981
Makes 10 pieces
- 2 large pineapple heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 10 slices sour dough baguette, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 slices brie, cut 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place tomato slices on a lined and greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried basil.
- Roast until bubbly about 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime also toast slices of baguette just until golden but still slightly chewy.
- Rub partially toasted baguette with clove of garlic, top with a slice of both the brie and tomato.
- Return to oven to finish toasting and melt cheese, about another 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes