If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This comes from trying to keep up with my garden and the need for a quick, on-the-go lunch. —gbubbles
Serves 2 or more
- 2+ large ripe tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- a large chunk of fresh mozzarella
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Torn fresh Basil
- Chop tomatoes and avocados into large chunks and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Tear mozzarella into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Add a good splash of olive oil (enough to lightly coat everything in the bowl).
- Season with salt & fresh pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine, cover bowl and refrigerate (at least an hour).
- When ready to eat toss in sliced scallions, basil and serve.
- Will keep for a few days. Is great by itself, with crusty bread; tossed over pasta; or on top of a nice piece of grilled fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.