If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was little my mom would make this when she had tortillas that were a little bit dried out and it remains one of our family's favorites. Now with high quality tortilla chips it's a fast meal, too. —MaSaBeMama
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips made from real tortillas (not Doritos-style)
- 8 Eggs
- 8 ounces grated cheese that melts well (jack, mozzarella, brick)
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Olive Oil for Pan
- Pour tomato sauce into medium sauce pan and dilute with 1 cup water. Add chopped onion, garlic and oregano and simmer together while preparing tortillas and eggs.
- In wok shaped pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat and add tortilla chips. Toss chips until lightly coated with oil and hot. Reduce heat to medium.
- Clear a space on the bottom of the pan, and break an egg into the space. Let it set a bit, then stir and toss within the tortilla chips. Repeat with all eggs. More oil may be needed - add sparingly.
- When all eggs are set and mixed with tortillas, pour tomato sauce over tortillas and toss quickly to coat tortillas.
- When all tortillas are coated with sauce and steaming, add grated cheese and toss. It will melt on contact. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.