If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After visiting the farmers market, I had more heirloom tomatoes & cantaloupe than I knew what to do with! I LOVE caprese salad & this is a delightful summer twist. It's hearty enough to be a light evening meal but also pairs well with anything you're grilling. Enjoy! —NashvilleFoodie
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 8 pieces cantaloupe (sliced)
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella (2 pieces)
- 8 sprigs basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh chopped mint
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Slice the cantaloupe in uniform, thin pieces that will stack easily with tomatoes & mozzarella.
- Stack 1 sliced cantaloupe piece & 1 sliced tomato on each plate. Top with a sprig of basil & 1 slice of mozzarella. Repeat.
- Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with chopped mint, salt & pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes