If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple recipe my mom makes using pink heirloom tomatoes. In fact, these tomatoes are the most popular for salads in her coutry (Georgia) and as my mom says one should always eat them fresh and never cook to taste the flavor. - Manana Swanson
Serves 6-8 people
- 2 pounds Pink Heirloom Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons sliced shallots (round)
- 2 tablespoons purple basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt - by taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper - by taste
- 8 pieces ciabatta bread
- Slice 3/4 of tomatoes round and place them on the serving dish.
- Take 1/4 of tomatoes and grade coarsely.
- Mix chopped herbs and onions together in a bowl.
- Use half of the chopped herbs and onion mixture to add to the grated tomato and mix. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and mix again.
- Spread 3/4 of the mixture evenly on the sliced tomatoes and the rest spread on the ciabatta bread slices.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped herbs and onions on top of sliced tomatoes and serve with prepared ciabatta bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.