If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious!! This is a no cook sauce. I have been making this for years, recipe came from a dear friend of mine. We make this every summer, whenever the tomatoes are at their best. You can vary this recipe with more or less of every ingredient, I always add more garlic! I love using Heirloom tomatoes because of the flavors and the beautiful colors. It's very hard to resist dipping bread in it before dinner time. I am sure this will be one of your favorites if you try it. - Krissy0
Serves 8 to 10
- 6 to 8 Large Heirloom Tomatoes (sliced into chunks)
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper To Taste
- 8 to 10 Cloves Fresh Crushed Garlic
- 3/4 pound Brie Cheese (lightly remove rind) cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Basil Leaves (toren or julienned)
- 1 pound Penne Pasta, or your favorite kind of pasta
- Put first 6 ingredients in large bowl, stir to mix, cover with plastic wrap. Let stand on counter 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, cook pasta, drain when done, add cooked pasta to bowl of heirloom tomatoes, add parmesan cheese and basil. You are ready to eat.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese. Can also grill some italian sausage to serve on the side. Bon Appetit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.