Author Notes: Delicious!! This is a no cook sauce. I have been making this for years, recipe came from a dear friend of mine. We make this every summer, whenever the tomatoes are at their best. You can vary this recipe with more or less of every ingredient, I always add more garlic! I love using Heirloom tomatoes because of the flavors and the beautiful colors. It's very hard to resist dipping bread in it before dinner time. I am sure this will be one of your favorites if you try it. - Krissy0
Serves 8 to 10
- 6 to 8 Large Heirloom Tomatoes (sliced into chunks)
- 3/4 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper To Taste
- 8 to 10 Cloves Fresh Crushed Garlic
- 3/4 pounds Brie Cheese (lightly remove rind) cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Basil Leaves (toren or julienned)
- 1 pound Penne Pasta, or your favorite kind of pasta
- Put first 6 ingredients in large bowl, stir to mix, cover with plastic wrap. Let stand on counter 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, cook pasta, drain when done, add cooked pasta to bowl of heirloom tomatoes, add parmesan cheese and basil. You are ready to eat.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese. Can also grill some italian sausage to serve on the side. Bon Appetit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes