Author Notes: Last summer, I had a plum glut, albeit from a supermarket aisle as opposed to my back garden - it was the perfect excuse to make everything in the book and beyond. This baked plums were the cream of the crop, adapted from a recipe in my detox health-plan cookbook.The original recipe is made with pistachios and nectarines and a passion fruit sauce is added at the end. My version uses plums and pecans plus a touch of orange zest. - Kitchen Butterfly
- 50g (1/2 cup) ground almonds
- 15g (1 tablespoon) superfine sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 10 plums, halved and destoned
- Juice from 2 Oranges
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade (400 degrees Fahrenheit) and then mix together the ground almonds, sugar, egg yolk and orange zest till you form a paste. Then add the chopped pecans
- Place the halved plums in a single layer in a shallow, ovenproof dish - in my case, I used a dish for devilled eggs.
- Put the stuffing onto the Plum halves, doing your best to fill them as much as you can.
- Pour the orange juice around the plums, the cover with foil and cook for 15 minutes
- Remove the lid and bake for a further 5- 10 minutes, or until the plums are soft.
- Transfer to individual, warmed serving plates and keep warm
- Serve juices separately in small bowls with creme fraiche on the side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums