If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My grandma makes a plum jam without a recipe, everything is done just by feel....cut up the plums, sugar, a bit of cinnamon and cook in the pot and viola you got plum jam. My recipe is a variation of hers, with a little twist. I roasted the plums with some ginger, added honey and I left the jam a bit tart. You can add as much or as little honey as your personal taste is, but make sure you get some pucker action ;) For the Elephant Ears I got my idea from the Barefoot contessa... —adamnsvetcooking
Serves 2 cups
Plum Pucker Jam
- 2 pounds Plums
- 1 Inch of pealed ginger, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons Honey (more depending on tartness of the plums)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Non-stick spray
- Pre-heat oven to 450ºF. Spray a backing sheet with non-stick spray. Half and pitt the plums. Place the plums cut side down on to the baking sheet. Place the thin slices of ginger under the plums. Bake plums till mushy (about 30 to 40 mins). Take the plums, ginger and juices place in a mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and honey, mix. Here you can add more honey if you think that your jam is too tart. You can use a blender or immersion blender to puree the jam to you desired consistency.
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry (thawed according to directions)
- Thin layer of the Plum Pucker Jam
- Cane sugar for sprinkling
- Follow the directions for the puff pastry baking, and pre-heat oven to that temperature.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a floured surface. Lightly roll out pastry and spread a thin layer of the plum jam. Fold the edges toward the center (about 2 folds) and fold over on to each other. Cut the roll into 1/4 inch thick sections. Place on a backing sheet covered with parchment paper and sprayed with non stick spray. Sprinkle with cane sugar. Bake until golden brown on the edges. After that get ready for some lip puckering!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
The New Food52 Office
A space that makes you want to come to work
The new Food52 office.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Yes, be in a pickle.