If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom has been making this for years. Its simple to make and you probably have all the ingredients already. Great for drop-in company and leftovers are wonderful for breakfast too. —MiMiBee
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more for top
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-4 plums, sliced thin
- cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
- 1. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar together. Take 1/3 cup of the butter and cut into 1/4 inch dice. With your fingers, mix the butter into the dry ingredients until it is incorporated pretty well but not too much; it should still be a little lumpy.
- 3. Lightly beat the egg, and add it and the milk into the dry mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until the liquid is incorporated and you have a soft dough.
- 4. With your fingers spread the dough into the pan. Place fruit in concentric circles on top of the dough. Cover with dots of the remaining butter and sprinkle liberally with sugar and cinnamon.
- 5. Bake for 30 minutes or until top edges become golden brown.
- You can serve this alone but it is marvelous with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream for that matter. It is also good for breakfast or to serve at brunch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.