If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade Potato Chips... so easy that you'll never want to pay for them at the store again! —mtlabor
Makes 1 batch of potato chips
- 6 new red potatoes
- steak seasoning or salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
- If you have a mandoline, this is even easier, but for those of us who do not have one (hint hint, I WANT one lol), we've got to put our knife skills to work. Try to slice the potatoes as thinly as possible, but if you like a thicker cut, be my guest.
- Wash off the starch from the potatoes until the water runs clear. Let them dry on a paper towel while you heat your oil.
- Add oil to a thick pan or dutch oven to come up about 2 inches. Heat under high heat and bring to a temp of about 365 F.
- Add potatoes to oil and fry for about 3-5 minutes, or until they are golden. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel lined bowl and toss with a bit of steak seasoning (or whatever spice you like).
You Haven't Thai'd This
Thai iced tea is great, but this dessert is better
You haven't thai'd this before.
More seats and more space are possible.
We've got the summer blues.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.