Author Notes: Homemade Potato Chips... so easy that you'll never want to pay for them at the store again! - mtlabor
Makes 1 batch of potato chips
- 6 new red potatoes
- steak seasoning or salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
- If you have a mandoline, this is even easier, but for those of us who do not have one (hint hint, I WANT one lol), we've got to put our knife skills to work. Try to slice the potatoes as thinly as possible, but if you like a thicker cut, be my guest.
- Wash off the starch from the potatoes until the water runs clear. Let them dry on a paper towel while you heat your oil.
- Add oil to a thick pan or dutch oven to come up about 2 inches. Heat under high heat and bring to a temp of about 365 F.
- Add potatoes to oil and fry for about 3-5 minutes, or until they are golden. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel lined bowl and toss with a bit of steak seasoning (or whatever spice you like).