If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After reading Mark Bittman's "Food Matters" my husband and I decided to try the "vegan until 6:00 PM" way of eating. While trying to come up with hearty vegan lunches I developed this sandwich. I must confess that sometimes I add a sprinkling of feta cheese which follows the spirit, if not the letter, of the law. I have made the cheese optional for a truly vegan sandwich. Making fresh dressing is really key to the brightness of the flavors. —TheNostalgicBaker
Greek Salad Sandwich
- 4 8 to 10-inch whole wheat tortillas (preservative free)
- 1 cup plain or garlic hummus
- 8 slices fresh tomato
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce, coursely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, coursely chopped
- 2 ounces goat's milk feta, crumbled (optional)
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prep all the ingredients. Toss Romaine with vinaigrette.
- Heat a 10" skillet or griddle over medium heat. Warm the tortillas until soft, 5 to 10 seconds a side.
- Spread a 1/4 cup hummus on each tortilla. Divide the remaining ingredient equally among the tortillas in the following order; tomatoes, cucumbers, salad, olives and feta if using.
- Roll up sandwich and eat!
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small glove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place lemon juice in a bowl with salt and pepper. Whisk until salt is dissolved.
- While continually whisking, pour olive oil in a slow stream until fully incorporated.
- Whisk in garlic and capers.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.