Author Notes: I make tomato basil salad almost every day when tomatoes hit the farmer's market. It's a hard combo to beat, but this year i was looking for a way to change it up a bit. So I gave this a shot. I think the creaminess of the mozzarella is a nice foil for the tart plums. - LizC
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, slightly flattened
- 4 Red plums, pitted and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil.
- Combine the plums, mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic and basil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken.
- Serve the chicken with the plum and mozzarella salad spooned on top.
- To make this more of a meal, toss some arugula with lemon juice, olive oil and salt, and then place the chicken and plum salad on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums