If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the pairing of sweet and hot, and I love the pairing of plums and pork. I tinkered with this sauce until I got it to the point I liked it; then, when I spooned it over the crispy, thin loin chops and topped it with some fresh plum slices, I LOVED it. Lots of extra sauce, which I plan to try on seafood...and chicken...and drizzled over risotto.... —Kayb
- 8 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 4-5 large black plums
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ancho chile
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 pinches salt
- dashes balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Peel and roughly dice 2 -3 large plums (about 1 cup fruit). Combine in small saucepan with water, honey, peppers and garlic. Bring to a boil, return to a simmer, and cook until fruit is soft and falling apart. Cool slightly,and puree sauce in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Return sauce to low heat. Taste and season with salt and galsamic vinegar. Add cream and stir. Keep warm until time to serve.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil to a shimmer and fry pork chops quickly, until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes on a side. Remove to plate.
- Peel and slice two more plums. Serve two chops to a plate, spoon cream sauce over, and garnish with plum slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.