If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love plum tart but i wanted to make something lighter. These roasted plums make a nice sauce for ice cream or a plain cake. I used oeau de vie de framboise but you could try any brandy. - luvcookbooks
- 6 plums
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut the plums in half through the stem end. Untwist them like an oreo and remove the stone. Place the halves side by side cut side up in a nine by nine inch pan.
- Put a little bit of butter into each plum half.
- Mix together the sugar and the chinese five spice powder. Sprinkle the mixture over the plums.
- Pour the water into the pan along with the brandy.
- Roast at 425 for 45 minutes to 1 hour checking from time to time to see that the plums are not getting too dry. They should be nice and syrupy. They are delicious by themselves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Behind the scenes.