If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this by once again trying to use up what was in the refrigerator. Thought it up after looking to see what we had, threw it together and it came out wonderfull so I kept doing it week after week for dinner. —Chef Jason Royal
Makes 4-6 double sided sloppy joes
- 1 medium white onion...Diced
- 1 1/2 inch diced yellow (summer) squash
- 1 1/2 inch diced zuchinni
- 1 pound 85-90% lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- To taste Salt
- To taste Ground Black Pepper
- To taste Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 jars of tomato sauce of your choice (i use veggie ragu)
- 4-6 Bulkie rolls
- Shredded cheese (OPTIONAL)
- Dice onion, squash, and zuchinni and set aside squash and zuchinni
- Heat up wok or Large high sided skillet to high. and add onion. Keep onions moving.
- when onions are just about clear, add squash and zuchinni. keep this moving also to prevent charing. Cook until soft.
- Add ground pork and beef, and using a spatula or spoon, break up meat as much as you can. toss around every now and then.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add sugar until you can taste sweetness
- Lay burger bun open on plate. and place 2 good size ladles full on to bun.
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.