If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After improvising on Thirschfeld's Burrata recipe by using plums and cherries instead of berries, I couldn't get enough of the combination of sweet cherries, tart plums, acidic vinegar, and fragrant honey. I wanted to take this recipe in a different direction, away from the cheese course, and straight into dessert with a cool, whipped honey mascarpone and a warm, sweet, and tart cherry balsamic reduction. - Loves Food Loves to Eat - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Food52 Review: This is a terrific fruit and cheese combo. Loves Food Loves to Eat balances the sweet and tart elements in the plums, cherries and balsamic and pairs them with a creamy, rich honey mascarpone. Don't skip the final sprinkle of salt -- the salty touch is a welcome little addition. - Stephanie - The Editors
- 1.5 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup pitted and halved dark cherries
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-4 plums, thinly sliced
- flakey sea salt
- Boil balsamic vinegar, cherries, and sugar over medium high heat until reduced and thickened- about 18-20 minutes.
- Whip mascarpone and honey together until combined and creamy.
- Arrange plums on plate, top with mascarpone, drizzle with cherry balsamic reduction, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.