Author Notes: After improvising on Thirschfeld's Burrata recipe by using plums and cherries instead of berries, I couldn't get enough of the combination of sweet cherries, tart plums, acidic vinegar, and fragrant honey. I wanted to take this recipe in a different direction, away from the cheese course, and straight into dessert with a cool, whipped honey mascarpone and a warm, sweet, and tart cherry balsamic reduction. - Loves Food Loves to Eat - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Food52 Review: This is a terrific fruit and cheese combo. Loves Food Loves to Eat balances the sweet and tart elements in the plums, cherries and balsamic and pairs them with a creamy, rich honey mascarpone. Don't skip the final sprinkle of salt -- the salty touch is a welcome little addition. - Stephanie - A&M
- 1.5 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cups pitted and halved dark cherries
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-4 plums, thinly sliced
- flakey sea salt
- Boil balsamic vinegar, cherries, and sugar over medium high heat until reduced and thickened- about 18-20 minutes.
- Whip mascarpone and honey together until combined and creamy.
- Arrange plums on plate, top with mascarpone, drizzle with cherry balsamic reduction, and sprinkle with sea salt.