If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When it is the heart of the summer, and fresh fruit is abundant, I begin to have a hankering for a freshly baked fruit crisp. Over the years I have experimented with crisps, cobblers, and other fruit desserts. I created what is now my favorite summer dessert : a combination of plums, apricots and blueberries, tossed with some sugar and flour so that the juices would not become too runny. For a topping, I used a combination of oats, flour, butter, and sugar. You can add chopped nuts if you want. THis is good warm and also cool or room tempaerature.
- 6 red plums, sliced in quarters
- 6 apriocts, quartered
- 2 cups blueberries
- 5 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix fruit, 2 Tbsp of the surgar and 1 Tbsp of the flour. Mix in the lemon juice. Place in buttered gratin pan.
- Mix in a food prcoessor the remaining sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnaomon. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. The curst will be golden and you can see the fruit juices oozing.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with ice cream or a good vanilla yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.