Author Notes: When it is the heart of the summer, and fresh fruit is abundant, I begin to have a hankering for a freshly baked fruit crisp. Over the years I have experimented with crisps, cobblers, and other fruit desserts. I created what is now my favorite summer dessert : a combination of plums, apricots and blueberries, tossed with some sugar and flour so that the juices would not become too runny. For a topping, I used a combination of oats, flour, butter, and sugar. You can add chopped nuts if you want. THis is good warm and also cool or room tempaerature.
- 6 red plums, sliced in quarters
- 6 apriocts, quartered
- 2 cups blueberries
- 5 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix fruit, 2 Tbsp of the surgar and 1 Tbsp of the flour. Mix in the lemon juice. Place in buttered gratin pan.
- Mix in a food prcoessor the remaining sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnaomon. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. The curst will be golden and you can see the fruit juices oozing.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with ice cream or a good vanilla yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums