If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is adapted from great family friends who are Armenian. Surely there's a more authentic recipe (and name!) out there, but here's the version that became a staple in my house growing up and now, in my own kitchen. —Midge
Food52 Review: The Lulu Kabobs are perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you want a little bit of an exotic flavor. They were easy to make and tasty. I broiled them, but would recommend the grill as the house did get a bit smoky. The veggies and yogurt made a great pita sandwich with these meatballs. - TheGingerCook
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, freshly ground
- pita bread
- Greek yogurt (full fat)
- chopped cucumbers
- chopped red onion
- chopped tomatoes
- fresh dill or parsley, chopped
- any pickled veggies
- Blend together all ingredients except for lamb.
- Gently fold in lamb to the mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into oblong balls, sort of egg-shaped but bigger (so it fits nicely tucked into pita bread).
- Broil or grill for about 7-8 minutes per side.
- Serve in pita bread with yogurt, assorted veggies, pickles, and herbs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.