If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are certain meals that you know are going to be a slam-dunk. This is one of them. It is simple good food; a meal guaranteed to make everyone happy. - Waverly
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with the back of a knife and then finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork or veal
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 (28 oz) can whole Italian tomatoes, chopped, juices reserved
- 14 oz rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ASSEMBLE MEATBALLS: In a large bowl, combine parsley, garlic, ground meat, salt and pepper to taste, and the egg using your hands or a fork to mix. Divide the mixture in half; then into quarters; and then into eighths. Shape the eighths into 8 meatballs. Sprinkle flour onto a plate. Roll the meatballs in the flour and then refrigerate.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: In a heavy skillet, heat the oil. When it is hot, add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook over LOW heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Pushing the vegetables to the side, add the meatballs and cook without moving them for 5 minutes. Add rosemary and tomatoes with their juice and cook uncovered over LOW heat until meatballs are done, about 40 minutes.
- COOK PASTA: Cook pasta in boiling water according to the package instructions.
- SERVE: Divide pasta and meatballs with sauce into bowls. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.