If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 box of orecchiette pasta (or your choice)
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- I don't have a food processor or blender, so I did the pesto all by hand. Rinse your basil and set aside to finish air drying. Heat a pot of water for your pasta. Slice cherry tomatoes and artichoke heart in half and set aside in a bowl.
- This isn't a traditional version of Pesto, usually there are nuts and garlic added. If you have them feel free to use. Pine Nuts or Walnuts would be great, you could also use a combination of whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. Finely chop basil, add the zest and juice of one lemon. Add some finely grated Parmesan. Drizzle with a little olive oil and mix well. Season with sea salt, pepper and a pinch of chile flake.
- Cook pasta to recommended time and place aside to cool. Then add your pesto, cherry tomatoes and artichokes. Mix well, and taste, season additionally to your liking. This can be served right away but also is fine to make in advance. Preferably I like to let the flavors come together for about 30-45 minutes. Serve with additional shaved Parmesan on top maybe a little pinch of salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. This would be great for a picnic!