- 1/2 pound ground grass fed veal
- 1/2 pound ground grass fed beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh sour dough bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 of fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon greek oregano
- 3 tablespoons gravy flour
- 1 cup chicken/beef stock
- 1 quart Home Canned tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add to a large mixing bowl ~ Egg, cream, butter, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, and spices mix all well.
- Add the veal, beef and pork to your mixture. Do not over mix ~ just mix until combined.
- I use a cookie scoop to form meatballs into a 1 inch ball. Once they are all made I dust them with the flour lightly.
- I use a nice glass baking dish. I butter it well and then add the meatballs. I add just enough chicken stock to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 400 until meatballs are nicely browned. I have a professional oven so it cooks really hot mine takes about 15 min + or - on the time.
- Once meatballs have browned I add my sauce and bake for about 45 minutes.
- I use these meatballs for red sauce, a white sauce or a Greek Avgolemono Sauce.
- Red Sauce ~ add onions to a sauce pan with olive oil and butter cook until tender. Add garlic and cook just a short time, add wine and reduce for a minute add remaining items and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
Tags: can be made ahead