If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 pound ground grass fed veal
- 1/2 pound ground grass fed beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh sour dough bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 of fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon greek oregano
- 3 tablespoons gravy flour
- 1 cup chicken/beef stock
- 1 quart Home Canned tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add to a large mixing bowl ~ Egg, cream, butter, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, and spices mix all well.
- Add the veal, beef and pork to your mixture. Do not over mix ~ just mix until combined.
- I use a cookie scoop to form meatballs into a 1 inch ball. Once they are all made I dust them with the flour lightly.
- I use a nice glass baking dish. I butter it well and then add the meatballs. I add just enough chicken stock to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 400 until meatballs are nicely browned. I have a professional oven so it cooks really hot mine takes about 15 min + or - on the time.
- Once meatballs have browned I add my sauce and bake for about 45 minutes.
- I use these meatballs for red sauce, a white sauce or a Greek Avgolemono Sauce.
- Red Sauce ~ add onions to a sauce pan with olive oil and butter cook until tender. Add garlic and cook just a short time, add wine and reduce for a minute add remaining items and cook on low for 30 minutes.
Tags: can be made ahead
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.