If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Okay I am not Italian. Adam's heritage is German/Italian. This recipe is a newer version of his Italian grandmother meatballs. Here I baked the meatballs and used fresh bread (I hope she is not spinning in her grave!) - adamnsvetcooking
Serves 12-14 golf sized meatballs
- 1 pound grass fed 85% lean ground beef
- 1 cup fresh italian bread (torn into tiny tiny pieces)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1/4 Pine nuts
- 3 LARGE cloves of garlic (minced fine)
- 1/3 cup red onion (minced fine)
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (minced)
- 1/4 cup basil (minced)
- salt and peper to taste
- about 20 oz. of your favorite tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 425ºF. In a bowl mix bread, whisked egg, pine nuts, garlic, onions, parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper=A. The mixture should be like a paste consistency. In another bowl add the ground beef, and make a well in the middle of it=B. MixA and B together until blended well. Form 1 inch size balls and place on greased backing sheet. Bake for about 25 mins (or until done).
- In a pot add your favorite tomato sauce, meatballs, and any dripping from the backing sheet. Cook on medium heat for about 20 mins or so. After that serve and I hope you brought you empty belly;)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs