If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite way of cooking meatballs is poaching as they keep very moist. Of course they are perfect for soup, but I've experimented and find I enjoy them as an appetizer accompanied by a dip as well. These chicken meatballs are full of flavor yet are low in fat and calories. - REC
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 clove garlic,pressed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons snipped mint
- lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken and the next 10 ingredients with 1/2 cup water; mix well.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a 4 quart pot.
- Form 1 Tbsp meatballs and drop into the pot.
- When the water boils again, reduce the heat and gently simmer the meatballs, covered for 20 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, chutney and mint in a small bowl and place on a platter.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the meatballs to the lettuce lined platter. Provide party picks for serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs