Author Notes: My favorite way of cooking meatballs is poaching as they keep very moist. Of course they are perfect for soup, but I've experimented and find I enjoy them as an appetizer accompanied by a dip as well. These chicken meatballs are full of flavor yet are low in fat and calories. - REC
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 clove garlic,pressed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons snipped mint
- lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken and the next 10 ingredients with 1/2 cup water; mix well.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a 4 quart pot.
- Form 1 Tbsp meatballs and drop into the pot.
- When the water boils again, reduce the heat and gently simmer the meatballs, covered for 20 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, chutney and mint in a small bowl and place on a platter.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the meatballs to the lettuce lined platter. Provide party picks for serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs