If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A local farmer grows the best sweet corn I've ever had. People come from miles around just to buy her corn, and I always buy several dozen ears to freeze for myself. —1Annie
Serves 8-10 fritters
- 4 ears of fresh corn, cooked, then removed from cob
- 1 & half cup unbleached flour
- pinch sea salt
- quarter cup raw sugar
- 1 brown egg
- 1 tablespoon alum free baking powder
- splash whole milk
- half cup real shredded cheddar cheese
- Pure vegetable for frying
- Cook corn in boiling water approx. 8 mins, until tender.Cool and strip kernals of corn from cob. In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg with milk. Add remaining ingredients except corn. Gradually add corn without over mixing. In a large skillet, heat oil without burning. By spoonfuls drop your batter into the hot oil into a pancake shape. Cook approx. 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on brown paper bag. Serve with sour cream, applesauce and cinnamon, salsa, or your favorite topping. Makes approx. 8 fritters depending on the size. for variation, you can add chopped onion to the batter. I have even added diced tomatoes and zucchini with fresh cut chives from my herb garden
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.