If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It took me years to make a good cookie. Somehow, I just didn’t have the right hand at it even when I followed recipes to their bare bone. Now, I make excellent cookies— well drop cookies, at least. This cookie has a few surprises, but trust that the surprises are worth it. And, if you love small batch baking, this recipe has your name on it.
Makes about 12 cookies
- 1 c organic, unbleached flour
- 1 c organic, semi-sweet chocolate chips (I feel like I used more than this)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 c + 1 tbsp white, granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp agave-maple syrup
- 2 1/3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter then add the sugar, agave-maple syrup, and honey. Whisk in the egg. Once fully incorporated, add the vanilla extract, baking soda, and pinch of salt. Add the flour. Once dough has been formed, add the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place roughly 1 tablespoon (I did mine a tad larger) balls of the cookie dough on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Place the cookie dough balls 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow the cookies to set and cool for 8-10 minutes.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.