If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from a recipe in Gourmet July, 2009. It is absolutely delicious and hard to stop eating. The original recipe calls for 2 Tb of oil for the dressing and 2 Tb of butter for sauteeing the scallions and corn. It also calls for 3/4 tsp of salt for the dressing. All this is not necessary as well as not healthful. The sweetness of the corn and tomatoes with a pinch of salt speak for themselves. —ellenl
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 pounds tomatoes (heirloom) in bite-sized chunks
- 1 bunch scallions-chopped, keep white and green parts separate
- a little Smart Balance
- 4 cups corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss cut tomatoes with dressing.
- While the tomatoes are marinating, saute the white parts of the scallions in a little smart balance with a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden (about 4 mins.)
- Add corn and saute until just tender (about 5 mins.)
- Add corn to tomatoes, add scallion greens and toss. Also wonderful with additional herbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.