If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Leftover crabmeat is frequently used for breakfast on the Chesapeake Bay. This recipe provides a changeup to the usual flavors by using curry powder. Depending on your taste, try hot or mild curry powders. Use any variety of leftover vegetables as well.. This recipe calls for lump meat but any combination of claw, lump, and backfin works great. - bill
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped, green onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add curry powder to butter and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add red pepper and onions and saute until soft.
- Add crab and tomato and warm through gently. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon zest to creme fraiche. Whisk eggs and creme fraiche together.
- Pour egg mixture over crab and veggie mixture, stir well. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture begins to set.
- Mix cilantro and ricotta cheese. When eggs begin to set, add small dollups of cheese to top of frittata and bake about 12 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot or room temperature, cut into wedges.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.