If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious summer salad that's perfect for a lunch straight from the farmers market. It can be served either warm (as I did) or cold. - Jeters
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 peach, diced
- 3 baby red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 splash apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- remove the kernels from the ears of corn. This is best handled by running a sharp knife down the corn cob in a wide bowl, then turn the back of the knife towards the corn and run the knife down it again, to get the ‘cream’ of the corn.
- combine the corn, jalapeno, peach and add a splash of vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter. If you desire to add more kick to the corn, add some cayenne pepper (just a dash) to the melted butter.
- Add the onion and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Sauté the red onion in the butter for a few minutes, until just softened.
- Add the corn mixture and cook until heated through.
- This could also benefit from some ingredients added after cooking, which I didn’t have on hand, such as some blueberries, maybe some cilantro if you like that sort of thing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.