Author Notes: This is a delicious summer salad that's perfect for a lunch straight from the farmers market. It can be served either warm (as I did) or cold. - Jeters
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 peach, diced
- 3 baby red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 splash apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- remove the kernels from the ears of corn. This is best handled by running a sharp knife down the corn cob in a wide bowl, then turn the back of the knife towards the corn and run the knife down it again, to get the ‘cream’ of the corn.
- combine the corn, jalapeno, peach and add a splash of vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter. If you desire to add more kick to the corn, add some cayenne pepper (just a dash) to the melted butter.
- Add the onion and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Sauté the red onion in the butter for a few minutes, until just softened.
- Add the corn mixture and cook until heated through.
- This could also benefit from some ingredients added after cooking, which I didn’t have on hand, such as some blueberries, maybe some cilantro if you like that sort of thing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe