If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is very easy and versatile. It is a great side dish or a hearty midweek dinner. Spinach is used in this recipe, however combinations of any leftover greens in the fridge works great. I usually blanch kale, mustard greens, or swiss chard before adding. Leftover chicken or pork frequently finds its way into this dish as well. - bill
- 1 anchovie filet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 pieces cloves minced garlic
- 80 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 cups cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and anchovie filet to large soup or stew pot over medium heat.
- Add onion when filet appears "melted". Saute until soft, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Begin adding greens in batches, stirring and adding more as the greens wilt. Salt and pepper to taste, add nutmeg.
- Add beans to greens and stir in well. Mash a few beans with the back of spoon to thicken.
- Add cream and grated cheese, cooking until creamy texture.
- Serve hot as side dish or as a main course.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens