If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this week's Keep it Local Challenge meal, we had a glut of produce to choose from after our organics delivery on Friday - amongst it, shallots and potatoes from August's Harvest in Stratford, Ontario and yellow peppers from Dolway Organic Garden in the Thames River Valley. Also, some beautiful tomatoes from our friends' back garden and some leftover pancetta from the BLT from scratch challenge. We also used some tomme cheese from Fifth Town Artisan Cheese that we picked up yesterday at Thin Blue Line just around the corner to make up one of our favourite brunch meals - farmer's breakfast. We also picked up eggs and cinnamon breakfast sausages from Rowe Farms (local Ontario farmers) to round out our meal. —Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.)
- 1/4 cup pancetta, finely diced
- 3-4 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cooked and chopped in small cubes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup grated hard cheese, like a Tomme
- Sautée potatoes in oil until they start to brown.
- Add pancetta, sautée about 2 minutes.
- Add shallots and peppers, sautée another 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sautée a further 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, add salt and pepper then slowly add to sautéed ingredients. Cook until egg begins to just set.
- Mix in the grated cheese and add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.