Author Notes: I saw this amazing red corn on the cob at the market and decided it would look beautiful in a nice corn salsa to go with the chimichurri carne asada tacos I was making that night. It was fresh, crunchy and delicious. - The Enchanted Cook
- 1 cob of fresh red or yellow corn
- 1 small heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion, minced
- 1 lime wedge, squeezed (juice only)
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, crumbled
- Roast corn on the cob over open flame or on grill until lightly charred. Then cut corn from cob.
- In medium bowl, combine corn, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, and onion. Add fresh squeezed lime juice and toss to coat. Crumble queso fresco over salsa and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe