If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe because I was looking for inventive ways to incorporate edamame into a cold salad for midday protein while at work. Julianned red peppers, sliced water chestnuts, or flash-cooked ramen noodles would work as variations for any of the veggies mentioned. - timmytwinkle
Serves 4-6 people
Asian-Infused Edamame Salad
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 16 ounces shelled edamame
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons chicken boullion cube, dissolved in 1/4c water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- Boil the edamame according to package instructions in salted water. Remove from heat almost too early to ensure edamame is still crisp. Cool edamame
- Add coconut oil to med-large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced carrots and cook 1-2 minutes before adding the sliced mushrooms. Cook an additional 2 minutes until veggies have desired tenderness and remove from heat. Cool veggies.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, including the sesame seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, green onions, edamame, and carrot/mushroom mixture.
- Gradually add dressing to the veggies - leaving the taste somewhat less flavorful than what's desired. Allow the salad to refrigerate overnight and taste it again before continuing to add more dressing.
- Upon serving the salad, top each individual serving with a handful of slivered almonds.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.