If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have been growing blueberries on our terrace in Manhattan and been getting great corn from the Greenmarket. Ever since going to Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugarhill, NH and having blueberry cornmeal pancakes with a rasher of their house-made bacon on the side I thought these combination of flavors would be really nice together. Recently, I saw a recipe for corn and blueberry salad in Better Homes and Gardens and thought that it would form the base of what I wanted to make. - rbnyc
- 1/4 pound Pancetta or bacon
- 6 ears corn
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium cucumber diced (I am partial to kirbys)
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pre-heat grill to high or boil salted water. Grill corn (or boil), preferably in husk, until cooked but still al dente. Remove from grill, let cool down, husk and cut corn off the cob, separating kernels and placing in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook diced pancetta over medium-high heat until browned in saute pan. Remove with slotted spoon from saute pan, blot excess grease, allow to cool and then add to corn.
- Add blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro and chipotle pepper to corn and pancetta mix.
- In a small bowl mix lime juice, olive oil, cayenne, honey with salt and black pepper to taste. Whisk well to combine.
- Add lime juice dressing to the corn/bacon/blueberry mix and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight. Holds up well for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe